Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MISSION DIAPER BOX: Costume Fabric Box

My little one has become obsessed with pulling all of her little jeans/pants out of her dresser drawer... She will analyze each article of clothing - And move onto the next... Occasionally stopping to point and say, "Oooooh!". She's definitely a little girl... And though it makes for quite a "fun" little mess, I can't help but encourage her curiosity. So, I sit patiently and point out the different colors that we see as her favorite music plays in the background.

Mess? What mess... Hahahaha!!

As I sat with her today, I thought... How neat would it be to create a costume-like box or chest that could be filled with fun items for her to "discover" and have fun with... Naturally, I wanted to utilize something that I had around the house - So, in a desperate search I finally came across............ AN EMPTY DIAPER BOX. Hahaha. 

And here we go... (Super-DUPER Easy!!!!!)

Step 1: Grab an empty diaper box... 


2. Cut cardboard flaps, like so....


3. Grab a bundle of scrap fabric and cover the entire box using hot glue... Be extra careful to secure all edges down!!


4. Your finished product will truly be a recycled labor of love... Throw in bandanas for the little one to toss around... Maybe a couple shirts that don't fit anymore, toys, etc... You can have so much fun with this project, so let your imagination soar and above all else BE CREATIVE!!

P.S: I'd really like to come up with a variety of different ways to use that empty diaper box... So, we'll call the series, "MISSION DIAPER BOX" (Really creative, huh!?!? ...lol) ... STAY TUNED for MORE fun, RECYCLED projects!!!

Do you have any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment